Thursday, March 10, 2011

Leprechaun Shamrocks

I was trying to explain to my son all the things that Leprechauns like because he decided we needed to try and catch him. We are planning on making a trap but we needed to make shamrocks to put in it first. I am sure you have made wax paper and crayon crafts before...but to me it is an oldy and a goody.


We started by laying out a square of wax paper. Next we used a pencil sharpener to peel two green crayons.


I had a very willing assistant...


We moved our crayon shavings on the waxed paper to the ironing board and placed a second sheet of waxed paper on top. I used a pressing cloth to set on top of the layered wax paper and heated it through for about 20-30 seconds until the crayon shavings melted. We traced shamrocks and cut them out. You may always add a small magnet to the back for some precious magnets to hang St. Patrick's Day crafts.


Now we need to make a trap...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...