Friday, April 1, 2011

Train Birthday Party Snacks Part 1

When I was originally planning a vintage train theme party for my one year old I had difficulty finding any clever food ideas besides animal crackers.



 I did like that idea but did not want to buy twenty plus little boxes with the cute train on them.


I found a package of twenty small blue circles of toule precut on clearance for 50 cents. I found a cute graphic of animals on a train and added the text to say animal crackers. After cutting out the tags and backing them on blue paper, I tied them on the blue toule circles with some decorative brown ribbon (On sale at Michael's for 50 cents).  Basically all of this including the animal crackers came to a whopping total of $3.50. Much cheaper and time consuming then Barnum's Animal Crackers.




I thought peanuts would be a fun touch too. I just printed PEANUTS on white labels and put them on some brown lunch sacks. I cut off the tops of the bags and tied on some rafia.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you did for the train party! So cute! I'll be using a lot of these ideas for my son's party later this month. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...