Thursday, June 16, 2011

Patriotic Star Quilt

With 4th of July quickly approaching I wanted to share a patriotic quilt I made for my dad two years ago. It has a simple design and no exact pattern is necessary.



I selected an array of patriotic fabrics and cut 12 inch squares. I then designed a medium sized start to sew on top. I stitched them on random squares to eliminate an exact pattern.


I stitched them on allowing 1/4 inch seam allowance. I wanted them to fray when washed to add some texture to the the quilt


The star edges continue to fray with age and use. It is such a fun quilt for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, and truly any time of the year.

Parties I linked to:
NightOwlCrafting   somewhat simple button
Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party 

5 comments:

  1. oh my I luv quilts
    Would luv for our readers to discover this.
    please add it to our linking party here
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/beautiful-furniture-redo-pop-up-cards.html
    Have a great week,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea!! I LOVE red, white and blue and STARS!! (can you guess what my fav holiday is??) I will have to do this!!

    Delina
    dewthis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful quilt! I am a knitter who is bored with knitting and this looks like a fun project to branch out with. Do you know a website that has quilting basics?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this simple tutorial on Tip Junkie to get you started. http://www.tipjunkie.com/sew-a-quilt/ Good luck!

      Delete
  4. This beautifully made quilt that's full of love and hugs is Carolina Cotton Company's Favorite Quilt of the Day for May 24, 2013. We wish all a Happy Memorial Day in the USA. Thanks for sharing this Perfect example of loving our dads and appreciating what our fallen heros have done for us! It's warm and cozy and I want to wrap up in it! Love the fraying stars!! It's being shared at: http://www.facebook.com/CarolinaCottonCompany
    :)
    Great work!
    Lisa Ann of CCC

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...