Monday, July 4, 2011

Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole

Pictures just don't do this casserole justice. It is so yummy! I love the mix of flavors of green chiles, sour cream, and chicken. If you prefer ground beef it tastes good with this as well.


Ingredients:

2-3 cooked chicken breasts shredded with some taco seasoning
2 cups sour cream
1 (10 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (4 oz) can chopped mild green chiles
<1/4 cup chopped green or white onions
6-8 flour tortillas
4 cups shredded cheese

Directions:

1. In a bowl, combine sour cream, green chiles and soup. Spread about 1 cup sauce in bottom of lightly greased 9x9x2 baking pan.
2. Place 3-4 tortillas over soup mixture. Layer with meat mixture, onions, and 1/2 the cheese. Place remaining tortillas on top and spoon remaining soup mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
3. Cover and bake at 375 F for 20 min. Remove cover and bake for additional 5-10 minutes.


Parties I linked to:
 BLOG TITLEsomewhat simple buttonFeatured on Cast Party WednesdayGinger Snaps Photobucket 

7 comments:

  1. Looks delicious... wish I had some right now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I think I will add this to my list of recipes to try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delish and reminds me of some of MY favorite enchiladas, but less work! Will definitely try soon! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family loves mexican and this dish looks like it would be a hit around here. I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a great day :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your link on Someday Crafts.....looks YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I just wanted to thank you for visiting Cast Party Wednesday and I hope you join me again tomorrow and share more of your great recipes! Also your recipe was one of the top 3 most viewed. Check in tomorrow to see if you are in the #1 spot and if I made your recipe! Don't forget to grab a featured button.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...