Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Southwestern Chicken Sandwich

Do you ever just get burned out on the same old recipes? Or just cooking in general? I am at that point, so I am trying all kinds of new recipes. I adapted this recipe from a Better Homes and Garden recipe for a chicken panini.



Ingredients:

1/2 cup chopped onion
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
2 Tbsp golden raisins
1 1/2 tsp packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
Bread rolls or country-style bread
2 cup shredded cooked chicken
1 cup shredded cheese

The original recipe also called for 1/2 cup pine nuts and 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce plus 1 tsp adobo sauce. I like to stick to ingredients I have on hand when necessary. I thought it was delicious and I was really excited I had discovered a new and very unique recipe...until... I have to be honest...my husband said, "I don't like it, but thanks for making dinner." Bummer! I proceeded to take the leftovers to work the next day. Everyone thought it was fantastic!

Directions:

1. Cook onion in olive oil until softened.

2. Add enchilada sauce, raisins, brown sugar, vinegar, and cinnamon.

3. Stir in shredded chicken and heat.


4. I buttered the top of the buns and broiled them in the oven for 1 minute.

5. Place filling in buns and add cheese on top.

6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...