Thank you everyone for all your sweet and inspiring comments on all the Halloween Posts. October is almost over, and thank goodness, because I am almost out of Halloween projects. I make this yummy pasta every year because it has such a unique and flavorful sauce.
I also have some adorable "pumpkin" peppers to share with you. My sweet aunt sent me a spoof of my blog for some fun peppers. They are precious and so clever.
1 bag of penne pasta
2 Tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped,
Salt and Pepper
Garlic salt to taste
Parsley to taste
Pumpkin puree 15 oz
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente.
2. Melt butter on medium-low. Add onion, salt and pepper. Cook 5-6 minutes until softened.
3. Stir in the pumpkin and heavy cream. Bring to a slow rolling boil.
4. Add the pasta to pumpkin cream mixture and toss.
5. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan, parsley, and garlic salt to taste.
Pumpkin Peppers from my Aunt Brenda
Spanish rice, salsa, can of tomato soup, can of whole kernel corn
Cut, take out seeds, and blanch colorful peppers.
Stuff and bake until it bubbles.
Meet Mr. Jack-o-Lantern.