Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sausage Potato Soup

OH, How I love soup weather! It is officially cold enough in Texas to begin enjoying some of my favorite soups. I found this recipe in a Quick Cooking magazine back in 1999 and I love it! The wonderful flavor of smoked sausage, combined with a thick chunky blend is amazing. I have had an extra busy week at work, because I am in the process of opening a new surgery center. We are scheduled to open next week and there is so much to do. I love new challenges, so the learning process has been great. I have been getting home so much later then normal, that I have been making a lot of quick recipes this week. Sausage potato soup is a simple recipe life-saver.



Ingredients:

1/2 pound fully cooked sausage diced
6 medium potatoes, peeled, and cubed (peeled optional)
2 cups frozen corn
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1-2 celery rib sliced
1/4 cup sliced carrot
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
2/3 cups shredded cheese
Fresh cilantro or parsley optional

Directions:

1. In a large saucepan, brown sausage and drain. Set sausage aside.

2. In the same pan, combine potatoes, corn, broth, celery, carrot and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

3. Add milk, cheese, parsley, and sausage. cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted through.

4. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This looks really good. Thank you for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I made this soup for my family last week and they all enjoyed it. I shared your recipe on my blog yesterday.

    http://therickettchronicles.blogspot.com/2012/01/recipe-sausage-potato-soup.html

    Thanks for sharing a great recipe!

    Wende

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Soups are perfect this time of year. This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...