Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wish List to Santa Chalkboard

My husband and I have made it a family tradition to drive 3 hours to Lindale, Texas (near Tyler) each year to see their amazing drive through Christmas lights. The place is called Santa Land. You can even tune your radio in, and the lights will flicker to the music, to make the appearance of dancing Christmas trees. Last year when we were there, I saw a precious little chalkboard Christmas wish list....and just finally got around to making something similar for our home tonight.


I started by cutting a piece of hardboard from Home Depot to fit an old 8x10 photo frame. I spray painted the board with chalkboard spray, and the frame with red paint. I bought a Santa Christmas tree ornament on sale after Christmas last year. With a little hot glue, it attached to the frame with ease.


I used stickers to write Dear Santa, My wish list...

If my oldest son had been able to choose, there would have been a lot more then 5 spaces. It is not that he is a greedy child...but he has been circling toy catalogs for weeks already. He was even nice enough to tell me he, "Ordered some girl toys for me since we did not have any around the house." So sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute Christmas craft! Please share this with my readers it is too cute to pass up! Thanks for linking up last week for Fun Stuff Fridays. I'd love you to link up with us again.
    http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-2.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...