Sunday, March 11, 2012

Veggie Cheese Enchiladas

I have been so sick this week. Has anyone else caught the crud going around. I have literally stayed in bed for two days straight and my amazing husband has been watching the boys. Such a blessing! I don't have a drop of energy left. My oldest did crack me up at dinner the other night when I was at my worst. He had some ice cream for dessert and had his first brain freeze. He had the deer in the headlights look and said, "It feels like the Arctic inside of me!" My husband and I laughed so hard at his clever description.

This is what I have been craving for dinner this week...Veggie Cheese Enchiladas. I ate some delicious Vegetable Enchiladas at a Mexican restaurant years ago and decided I needed to come up with a recipe of my own. They were so good I did not mind they did not have meat inside. I like that it is quick dinner to prep and it is fairly healthy.


Ingredients:
Corn tortillas (8-10) or flour
Shredded cheese
1 can red enchilada sauce
Zucchini (1)
Red pepper (1)
Bell pepper (1)
Yellow Squash (1)
Pam spray
Seasoning

Directions: 

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut up vegetables into small pieces. (See picture above) Grill, pan cook, or microwave vegetables until somewhat tender. Season as desired.

2. Spray bottom of glass casserole dish with Pam butter spray. Fill each corn tortilla with shredded cheese and roll up in enchilada fashion.

3. Line up cheese filled corn tortillas in pan. Pour red enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas, covering generously.

4. Spread vegetables over the top of the cheese filled tortillas. Cook at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes until heated through. Place some more shredded cheese on top for a few minutes until melted.

5. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! I'm definitely going to try them sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...