Monday, April 9, 2012

Crock Pot Shrimp Creole

So... after my visit to Thailand, I have found my love again for seafood. I have always liked it, but I guess I just forget about fixing it for meals. I just wish I had a street vendor nearby like I did in Thailand that I could buy delicious shrimp dishes from for $1.50. Then I would not have to cook dinner at all!

This shrimp creole dish is great, because it can be cooked in the the crock pot while you are gone for the day, and it is almost ready to serve when you get home. All you have to do is throw the shrimp in for a few minutes and prepare your rice. Voila.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1 tsp chili power
1 (14 oz) can whole tomatoes (I use garlic tomatoes)
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 tbsp hot sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp white sugar
salt and pepper
1+ lbs peeled and deveined shrimp
(I often defrost frozen shrimp in advance)
White rice

Directions:
1. Saute bell pepper, celery, and onion over stove top in a few tbsp of oil. When the vegetables begin to soften, add the chili powder and continue to saute for several minutes.

2. Turn crock pot on high and add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, white sugar, salt, and pepper.

3. Cook on high for about 3 hours.

4. Add shrimp for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.

5. Serve over white rice.

6. Enjoy!


I hope your Easter was great. We had a wonderful time with our family. Luckily, leaving out carrots for the Easter bunny paid off, and the boys got tons of eggs.




1 comment:

  1. Crock pot meals are the best! This one has my mouth watering. Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...