Saturday, September 29, 2012

Santa Fe Corn Soup

It is raining at my house this morning and I love it. I am so glad the weather is finally changing. With October around the corner we are gearing up for some holiday fun at our house. I pulled out all four tubs of Halloween decorations (Yes 4!) and we started first with my oldest son's room. He has pumpkin lights hanging and creepy critters flying through the air. Hopefully, this weekend we will get the rest of the house done and I will share with you some pictures of our transformed house. We are in the middle of sooo many Halloween projects right now. I can't wait to share!
 
In the meantime, it is cooling off enough for "soup weather." This is one of my favorite recipes for soup besides my Sausage Potato Soup that is a family hit as well. I think the secret is the frozen corn. I love that you don't even have to defrost it.



Ingredients:

3 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cups butter or margarine
2 cups milk
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp canned green chiles, rinsed and diced
1 cup cubed cooked chicken
1 cup grated cheese
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
Garnish: Fresh oregano or cilantro and tortilla chips

Directions:

1. Combine frozen corn and chicken broth in blender or food processor and puree. (The mixture will be thick)



2. In 3 quart saucepan combine butter or margarine and corn mixture and simmer slowly 5 minutes, stirring to keep corn from sticking to bottom of pan. Add milk, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and bring to boil.



3. Reduce heat, and add green chiles and chicken. Simmer 5 minutes.

4. Remove soup from heat and add cheese and baking soda (to prevent curdling). Stir until melted.

5. To serve, ladle soup into 6 bowls. Top with tomatoes (I was out) and garnish with tortilla triangles and fresh oregano or cilantro.



6. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...