Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Chicken Ranch Pasta

I love finding new, simple, and delicious chicken recipes. This recipe to the dinner table takes about 20 minutes max! I found the recipe for Chicken Ranch Pasta on plainchicken.com and adapted it to fit our families needs. I made it this week when we had some friends stop by to see our newest bundle of joy. She is 8 weeks old. I can't believe how time flies!
 
Our new house is coming along great. This week I hand textured all the bathrooms. It is such an easy DIY project and it saved me about $200 per bathroom. The only hard part these days is finding the time to get anything accomplished. I have a very long list of projects, a newborn, two boys, and 4 weeks until I return back to work. Yikes! Now for this easy recipe to feed my hungry crew.

 
Ingredients:
16 oz pasta of your choice
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
3 tbsp. dry ranch seasoning mix
3 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup chopped bacon (I used the packaged pre-cooked)
2-3 cups chicken
 
This make a full pan of pasta. If you have a smaller family just cut the ingredients in half. I fed 6-8 adults with 1-2 servings each.
 
Directions:
 
1. Cook your pasta of choice, drain, toss, and set aside.
 
2. At the same time I melted the 2 tbsp. of butter. After the butter melts, add the flour, and stir for about 1 minute.
 
3. Slowly whisk in milk until the sauce begins to thicken.
 
4. Stir in ranch dressing dry mix and cheddar cheese until melted.
 
5. Add chicken, bacon, and toss with pasta.
 
6. Enjoy!!

 

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy and pretty easy to make. I am always looking for fast and good dishes for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about this: instead of making 'flower-sauce' ...add a can of chicken cream soup?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you think.I read every single comment and they make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...